Designed with LNG and crude oil tankers in mind, the RX-517 portable HC / O2 / H2S infrared gas detector for LNG is able to detect both dual and unique combinations of gas. The crude oil tanker model is a combination type portable HC, O2, and H2S gas detector with an infrared (NDIR) type sensor, galvanic cell type sensor and electro-chemical cell type sensor. These sensors provide accurate detection of HC, O2 and H2S levels even in N2 and other inert environments.
The measuring ranges of model RX-517 portable HC / O2 / H2S infrared gas detector for LNG is 0-25% vol for O2 and 0-100.0ppm for H2S respectively. A higher range for H2S (0-1,000ppm) is available in model RX-517. A manual switch is used to change the flow to a unique path for high H2S applications to protect the other sensors. The RX-517 Portable HC / O2 / H2S infrared gas detector for LNG model has an explosion proof and intrinsically safe design so that it can be used safely in any environment.
- Dual range detection of CH4 or HC in %vol and %LEL
- Unique gas combinations include: CH4 / O2 / CO / CO2 / HC / O2 / H2S
- Accurately measure CH4 or HC from inerted tanks with infrared sensor
- High range H2S 0-1,000ppm available (RX-517)
- Intrinsically safe design
- Data logging (Max 30 hours of interval trend)
- Crude oil tanker storage tank gas monitoring